Stop Aiming for Normal

Picture_20170721_210115536

This is a swallowtail caterpillar nibbling on parsley on our patio. There’s a smaller one to the upper left in the pic, too.

I’m not normal.  I know this.  Apparently it’s all the rage though because I constantly hear people saying how they just want to be normal.

While we are on the subject, would someone mind clarifying for me exactly what that means please.  Also I would like detail regarding why so many people are dead set on achieving the whole being “normal” distinction.  If possible, please provide specific examples of the actual normal people in the world so I can have a template to emulate.  I don’t think that I’ve personally met any of these normal individuals just yet, but maybe I can’t recognize it since I’ve never fit the mold.  On that note, do they sell that mold on Amazon, and if so, it is available with prime delivery?

Picture_20170721_210412064

This was not a normal caterpillar.  He took a nap and then grew wings and started to fly.

Stop aiming for normal.  No one is normal. That’s not a thing.  And even if it was, why would you want to achieve thay anyway?   Spread your wings.  You are different, unusual, and unique for a reason.  Own it!

Love and light and epic abnormality!  Joanna

Unusual

The WP Challenge word I referenced above is unusual. The writers and photographers I share with you here each display this element in their own beautiful, unique, and magical ways. I hope that you enjoy them as much as I do.

1. James J. Cudney IV
    Jul 21, 2017 @ 22:04:39

Great message. Own it. Especially after your week!

Jul 21, 2017 @ 22:08:02

I would say that normal was in our rear view mirror long ago, but that would send the erroneous message that it was actually in our view at some given point. I’m still mystified about what normal even means! 😉

2. carolrolke
    Jul 21, 2017 @ 22:48:42

It appears I need a Prime delivery, because I’m not normal either. Proud to be different. Let your light shine!

3. Irene Waters 19 Writer Memoirist
    Jul 22, 2017 @ 00:50:45

well said Joanna. Love the illusion the green caterpillar gives of having gone inside a plastic tube.

4. Blog Andrew
    Jul 22, 2017 @ 04:17:19

Wow I have caterpillar’s on my raspberry bushes, but I’ve never seen anything quite like yours! I love blog peoples local wildlife photos.

Jul 22, 2017 @ 08:22:14

I do, too. I love seeing the interesting plants and flowers people have in their areas, too. I sometimes forget how different other people’s normal stuff is. 🙂

5. wakinguponthewrongsideof50
    Jul 22, 2017 @ 05:51:02

I am so totally normal…..I don’t know how you can’t see how utterly average I am!

6. manyofus1980
    Jul 22, 2017 @ 06:19:04

lol! normal is a setting on the washing machine. thats what i think anyway, i’ve never been normal either. but i like it that way! xox

7. Irene
    Jul 22, 2017 @ 06:42:34

Nice job capturing the detail in the caterpillar.

8. Trackback: Unusual: Stairs 1 | What's (in) the picture?
  9. Jan
    Jul 22, 2017 @ 08:35:08

I have neber neber neber wanted to be normal … and I agree … there is no such thing. As there are no two snowflakes alike … I believe there no two ANYTHING alike. Cloning is only a thing man has come up with … and frighteningly so. Don’t worry … you are not normal … so there … proclaim your uniqueness and shout it from the rooftops … which you do with your blogging. YOU GO GIRL !!! jan
    PS: I’m one of a kind, too … “Praise the Lord,” my husband says !!!

10. Trackback: Award: The Sunshine Blogger Award #2 – ReadRantRock&Roll
  11. vinnieh
    Jul 22, 2017 @ 14:09:09

Fantastic message of individuality.

12. landofimages
    Jul 23, 2017 @ 04:31:47

Touche 🙂

13. roseelaineblog
    Jul 23, 2017 @ 07:16:56

It is by being deemed as abnormal that makes someone/something special 🙄

14. magickmermaid
    Jul 23, 2017 @ 16:29:32

Absolutely agree! Normal is overrated! 🙂 And thank you so much for mentioning my blog! 🙂
    Your caterpillar photo is amazing!

15. quarksire
    Jul 23, 2017 @ 23:33:51

awesome 🙂

16. Chronicles of Wonder
    Jul 24, 2017 @ 13:11:03

Absolutly true. I never really understood why people wanted to be normall. I love being different! I love the fact that no one will be able to try and replicate me successfully. Thank you so much for sharing!

17. Trackback: The Daily Post Photography Challenge: The Beauty Of Black And White – Chronicles of Wonder
  18. misifusa
    Jul 25, 2017 @ 10:49:20

Cheers to epic abnormality! LOVE this post – AND YOU! ♥

19. Tracy
    Jul 27, 2017 @ 08:01:45

Normal. What’s normal? Many years ago I wished I was normal, meaning, like everybody else, but I was being bullied at the time. I wouldn’t thank you for it now. I like being me. Weirdos rock! 😉

20. annabellefranklinauthor
    Aug 04, 2017 @ 13:29:20

I’ve always associated ‘normal’ with ‘boring’ – and who wants to be that?!
    Thanks for following me and the storyhounds – happy to follow back!

21. Irwin Lengel