Parenting a Toddler Summarized in 3 Photographs

My husband works a shifted schedule to avoid heavy traffic, so he leaves ridiculously early.  Like all toddlers, my two-year old has a superhuman sense that allows her to detect when one side of a parent’s bed at the other end of the house has become vacant.  I didn’t order order a wake up call.  I really needed the extra hour and a half of sleep my clock indicated that I should have had.

Yeah.  Good luck with that.

parenting1

parenting2

parenting3

So that was my morning.  That’s also why God created caffeine.

😉 Joanna

***This is a post from my dear friend who knows how to do mornings the right way.  Maybe my kids need to go visit Aunt Maria so Mama JoJo can get some sleep…

1. Writer Lori
    Aug 01, 2017 @ 07:53:17

This scenario brushes dangerously close to parenting a 75-lb. Chocolate Lab who *thinks* he’s a toddler…. 😉

Aug 01, 2017 @ 10:31:40

I have two sheepdogs and they pull that nonsense, too! So if J = me, D = dog, and B = empty bed space, this is what it looks like when they get up on the bed: JDDBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
      Argh!!!

2. carolrolke
    Aug 01, 2017 @ 09:40:14

I’m dying laughing. The monkey in the middle. Best rest EVER! Kids are awesome.

Aug 01, 2017 @ 10:33:05

I should have named the post Planet of the Apes. Kids and their monkeys…taking over the world one exhausted parent at a time.

3. joyfullyrenewed
    Aug 01, 2017 @ 16:28:56

I did one morning right. ONE. More importantly, why is that monkey taking up so much of the bed? I would have traded places with the monkey and gone back to bed.

4. Camie
    Aug 01, 2017 @ 17:30:25

LOL! Bless every mama who gives up precious sleep to a toy monkey!

5. mainepaperpusher
    Aug 01, 2017 @ 18:38:51

Those toy monkies are a tricky lot!

6. James J. Cudney IV
    Aug 01, 2017 @ 21:32:48

Toy Monkey can certainly come visit, but Ryder is an unfortunate racist. If the toy has stuffing, Ryder feels it is his responsibility to protect the rest of the world from said Toy Monkey, which would mean that Toy Monkey would be no more in this household. At first I was ashamed I had a racist for a son. Just because the monkey has stuffing doesn’t make him any less of an animal. I tried to reason with him, but Ryder didn’t buy it, and unfortunately, it means he simply can’t be around others of that kind. 😦

7. James J. Cudney IV
    Aug 01, 2017 @ 21:34:32

I so feel for you!!! I have a similar issue but with a dog. I should kick him out. You can’t kick anyone out. Even the monkey.

Aug 01, 2017 @ 21:28:11

Would your dog be interested in a toy monkey of his own? Ryder would love him. He doesn’t eat a thing (although he is known for his penchant for luxurious bedding). 😉

8. roseelaineblog
    Aug 02, 2017 @ 02:16:09

That made me laugh 😂 what it is to be loved eh 😉🙄

9. Tracy
    Aug 02, 2017 @ 06:50:04

This is like when The Boys sleeps in with me. He comes with an entourage of cuddly toys, books and gadgets. Boy can that kid spread out lol.

Aug 02, 2017 @ 06:54:05

One of their countless magical talents! 😂

• Tracy
        Aug 02, 2017 @ 06:59:22

He was in with me last night (Daddy was on the beer & it makes him snore, so he’s banished from the room ha ha) it literally took me half an hour to shift all his paraphernalia from the bed. When I was his age, it was ONE doll and a book!

Aug 02, 2017 @ 08:46:19

When I was their age, I wasn’t allowed to crash in the bed. At least I don’t think it did. You know…I probably did but I slept so soundly that I forgot. I’m sure my mother will call me out in it if I’m wrong!

10. Ali
    Aug 07, 2017 @ 03:57:15

Ha ha ha! Love it! So true.. how to prepare for parenting. Prepare not to sleep! Well at least comfortably!

Aug 07, 2017 @ 06:51:47

Exactly! But they sucker you in with the irresistible cuteness and “I love you” comments at the most unexpected of moments. Two nights ago my daughter was wailing as I was putting her to bed (in her own room thankfully) about how she loved broccoli and how it was her best friend. Broccoli. How can I be angry with such awesome randomness??? 😁😁😁

11. coffeepoweredmummy
    Aug 11, 2017 @ 07:25:38

So funny! My daughter climbs into our bed every single morning and I must say I never knew I could fit into such a small space as I get absolutely none of the bed now, she “needs” it for her and her huge gang of teddies! Gotta love em 🙂

12. thedreamermom