Big Storms, Big Kids & Big Anxiety

Being a parent is tough.  Being a parent with major anxiety challenges is a big fat bonus.  Being a parent with major anxiety challenges in a monster hurricane with countless tornado warnings that are expected to go on for the next several days is simply fabulous beyond words.

So naturally my kids are now sleeping in the closet.  Literally.  I thought that making them camp out in the living room was my most annoying mom move for the summer, but apparently I was wrong.  Way to go me.  Always upping the stakes!

If it’s your style, we would truly appreciate your sending some prayers or a little light our way.  This isn’t my favorite evening so far, and it’s really just beginning for those of us who inhabit the areas surrounding the Texas coast.

Thank you so much dear friends.  Joanna

1. overthehillontheyellowbrickroad
    Aug 26, 2017 @ 04:55:18

I made it through hurricane sandy several years ago. I know how you feel and I will say a special prayer

2. Mischenko
    Aug 26, 2017 @ 05:32:53

Oh my! Joanna, will definitely pray for you. I hope the storm dies down. That picture is scary. Hugs to you and the kids…

3. manyofus1980
    Aug 26, 2017 @ 06:54:29

joanna, sending prayers to you and your family hurricanes sound so scary! hugs for you all! xoxo

4. James J. Cudney IV
    Aug 26, 2017 @ 06:54:35

You have tons of positive thoughts and love being sent to you from NYC right now. As well as a peaceful calm before,during and after the storm.

Aug 30, 2017 @ 22:44:04

I miss chatting with all of you and I hate that I have missed so many posts!!! I am so ready for life to get back to (my version of) normal!

5. misifusa
    Aug 26, 2017 @ 06:59:43

Of course I’m sending white light protection along with peace within for all of you. Keep in touch so we know you are ok xo

6. Playamart - Zeebra Designs
    Aug 26, 2017 @ 07:42:40

late last night i watched some of the climate scientist blogs for comments, feedbck, and i have not checked this morninig… i suspect that you don’t have power, but suffice to know — or ‘feel/sense’ that my energies are full throttle in your direction…

i hope that ffifty years from now your children are reminiscing with a smile and tellling about ‘that night’ HH barreled into their lives….

7. foodzesty
    Aug 26, 2017 @ 08:03:44

Jo!!! just read the news…found a wifi that comes and goes….stay together and pleas be SAFEEEEEEEEEE

8. Trackback: Award: One Lovely Blog Award – ReadRantRock&Roll
  9. Louise Gallagher
    Aug 26, 2017 @ 09:22:05

sending prayers, light, love and courage.

10. traceyr1984
    Aug 26, 2017 @ 16:13:04

Sending you prayers!

11. wakinguponthewrongsideof50
    Aug 26, 2017 @ 17:35:00

Prayers And love!!

12. roseelaineblog
    Aug 27, 2017 @ 02:52:16

Keep safe, my prayers are with you all 🙏🏿

13. Writer Lori
    Aug 27, 2017 @ 03:34:31

Sending waves of positive energy and hopes that the storm passes you quickly and with little damage. Scary stuff…. Xx

14. magickmermaid
    Aug 27, 2017 @ 16:38:54

I hope your whole family is safe inside riding out the hurricane! Sending lots of positive energy! 🙂

15. mainepaperpusher
    Aug 27, 2017 @ 21:14:38

Thinking of you! What a horrendous storm.

16. I tripped over a stone.
    Aug 28, 2017 @ 08:55:12

Prayed the whole time!~Kim

17. Trackback: Author Interview – Justin Hamlin – “Jezebel”, “Dog Meat”, “The Samurai of Gosford Green” and “Tenacity (Castle Book 1)” (Urban Fantasy/Crime Thriller/Horror) | toofulltowrite (I've started so I'll finish)
  18. Dr. K
    Oct 22, 2017 @ 09:31:43

I’m actually writing a kids interactive book on this very topic. Anxiety is real and we often forget to thoroughly discuss this with kids and allow them to process this. Great post