I Mustache You What You Are Eating

eating3

I’m cutting out carbs. Aaaaagain. My track record on this surpassed “not good” long ago. To put it mildly, my healthy eatibg conviction and follow through has been at “stanky to the max” level for quite some time.

eating4

I prefer fruits, but even fruits are loaded with sugars. Some fruits are great, but the emphasis should be on the veggies. Bleh.

eating2

I’ve tried the liquid route – protein shakes, blends of veggies and fruits, etc. – but I just don’t feel satiated with those.

eating5

Clearly I need to up my protein intake, but even that can problematic for me. I can be extremely picky, and my getting burnt out and grossed out with the meat overload doesn’t help. Whenever someone throws out the word “tofu” as a possible protein solution, I find myself thinking about how it’s ironic that “tofu” is a four letter word that I associate with multiple other four letter words. I would provide examples, but this is a family show so you’ll have to use your imagination.

eating6

Maybe I’m nuts to go this route yet again, but I don’t feel good in my body. That makes me feel sad, so I have to try. And as I read that last sentence, I hear Yoda in my mind… “Do or do not. There is no try.” I’m guessing that Yoda never struggled with being a sugar addict.

If you have any websites or tips on low-carb, no sugar, paleo-esque, or other similar options, I would genuinely appreciate the advice. Please note that intelligent / common sense recommendations with regard to overall health are lovely, but they don’t sustain long-term commitment to low carb eating for this girl. I know what I should do, but somehow that’s not enough.

Thanks in advance.  😉  Jo

Liquid

1. José María López
    May 17, 2018 @ 22:46:51

Just don´t do this, please!!

2. Jodi Stibora
    May 17, 2018 @ 22:57:25

That’s tough initially, but meat and cheese? I have trouble with meat too as I don’t crave it. But I can eat cheese all day long. 😏 Yeah, Don’t ask about my pooping 🙄

3. cindy knoke
    May 17, 2018 @ 23:06:25

I love your photos!

4. Memento Mori
    May 17, 2018 @ 23:07:23

How funny the ‘liquid’ prompt led to your post on a topic I’m wondering about myself.

I’m not sure if you’re looking to lose weight or just eat healthier, but if it’s weight loss one diet I’m thinking of trying again is the Slow Carb Diet (SCD). It involves a lot more planning and meal prep, but the cheat day once a week helps with willpower during the other days. It’s not “I can’t eat this pizza/cookie,” but rather “I can’t wait to eat this entire pizza/pack of cookies on Saturday!”

View story at Medium.com

I can’t endorse it as I didn’t stick to it the first time around, but apparently it’s worked for others. And I did like that I didn’t have to eat less in terms of quantity, so I was never hungry. Another diet I’ve heard good things about is 5:2 Intermittent Fasting.

Anyway, good luck. Also that first picture is adorable! Do you know what kind of bird it is?

May 17, 2018 @ 23:12:58

You’re a rockstar for sending that to me! I love you already for that! 😉 Changing eating habits is such a pain, and if you are anything like me, it’s so hard to stick with it. I can be a stick but I can’t stand being hungry or self-conscious about every single bite. I find that I’m so miserable being hungry that it takes away from the fun of being thinner. There has to be a better way. I’m def going to scope this post our. And it’s a Baltimore Oriole. It’s actually the same as the second bird with the oranges, but I believe that the first is a female whereas the darker bird is the male. Aren’t they lovely creatures?!?! 🙂

5. José María López
    May 17, 2018 @ 23:13:53

6. José María López
    May 17, 2018 @ 23:23:02

I love eating and not exactly very healthy, so the only way I have found to stay in shape is doing exercise. I think it is the only way for food-lovers like myself.

7. José María López
    May 17, 2018 @ 23:28:43

I am sooo sorry. I promise I will never do it again. 😉

8. Trackback: Liquid – White Swan | What's (in) the Picture?
  9. juliehcares
    May 18, 2018 @ 06:19:28

I absolutely adore keto! Do you cook at all? I do this because it’s not about what you “can’t” have, it’s how many carbs you can have in a day. I could drink a Dr. Pepper but it’s twice my daily carb limit, so I will drink a Dr. Zevia instead (Zevia is soda made from stevia so 0 calories and tastes good).
    There are tons of recipes on Pinterest that include berries too. And vegetables are fine on keto so you’ll get your fiber and not have a pooping issue! I love cheese too and I don’t have a problem. I’ve been doing this since April 3rd. Feel free to email me any questions (or just reply). juliehcares@gmail.com

May 18, 2018 @ 06:28:46

I do cook, but I am def going to drop you a line! My big prob is the boredom with the same foods I always prepare over and over again. I don’t crave salads. In fact, I have been known to call them “sadlads” because that’s how I feel about having them as a meal. I would love tips and thank you so so much for the offer!!!!

10. Trackback: WPC: Liquidity | Lillie-Put
  11. I tripped over a stone.
    May 19, 2018 @ 02:15:12

Ok. I do not like the words ‘cutting out’ or ‘diet’… so don’t think that way. In a single day keep track of your proteins and your water intake. You should do 80/60. That’s 80 grams of protein and 60 oz. of water (flavored water, crystallite, power zero, etc) If you push the protein and the water, you just will not have much room for carbs. And believe it or not, you do need some carbs… Proteins, meat, yogurt, eggs, cottage cheese, almonds, jerky, cliff bars… you’ll need some kind of ‘extra’ to get that much protein in. I found a great tasting powder, “Delite” at Walgreens. (Black and pink canister.) I put 2 tbsp water, one scoop of vanilla Delite, 5-6 frozen strawberries and about a 1/4 cup frozen yogurt all into a Ninja blender and wha-lah! Strawberry shake! Not a meal replacement, an afternoon sugar ‘fix’ pushing the protein.

• Jo Price
      May 22, 2018 @ 05:27:09

I took a screen shot of your comment after you sent it the other day. Those are fantastic tips and I so appreciate them! The whole protein powder dynamic has been one that has frustrated me, so I greatly look forward to trying the Delite. So many of them just have a funny taste that I can’t overcome, but they can be so helpful at knocking out those sweet fix cravings. Thank you so so much for this! 🤗

• I tripped over a stone.
        May 22, 2018 @ 08:59:12

Yay! I am so glad my ideas helped. Just think of it as a lifestyle, not a diet and fill up on protein and water. A carb here and there won’t kill you, there is no brow beating to be done. You are not allowed!!! 😉

• I tripped over a stone.
        May 22, 2018 @ 11:08:57

Correct spelling is Delight. Sorry, the canister is black and pink. Best flavor is vanilla chai. (Goes well with everything, I have even mixed dark chocolate pieces in it.) My niece who is a nutritionist looked at the powder and said it was a good supplement. MORE good news…

• Jo Price
        May 22, 2018 @ 11:15:39

Ha! That’s still perfect! 😉 Thank you so so much again love!

12. Inside The Rainbow
    May 20, 2018 @ 01:37:04

I just don’t seem to be able to drop the carbs. I crave those buggers! *weep* X

• Jo Price
      May 22, 2018 @ 05:33:21

So it’s the strangest thing EVER (for me), but I seem to be doing surprisingly well at not falling into my old eating habits. It’s truly bizarre, but other than buttery naughty delicious toasty bread goodness, I’m not really going bazerk for the heavy carb foods that have been my staple for(ever) years. Sadly I’m not losing weight either, but I’ll have to take the win for what it is right now.